Before...Meet Fierce! The story of Nanda



Name: Nanda
Age: 22

Hair: Pamela St Vil

Makeup: Mrs. Make Up

Styling: Mrs. Makeup

Photo by: F. Lazare
Background
I can honestly say that making up Nanda was such a fun experience! In spite of 95 degree weather and no air conditioning, Nanda proved to be a true professional. She seemed amenable to almost anything my team would be willing to do EXCEPT for using her natural hair. What started off as adamant protests, ended up being the most amazing result in my career. We were astonished at how naturally beautiful and youthful she was simply by removing the extentions and allowing folks to see the fierceness that remained. All in all, Nanda was one of my best models and I thank her for agreeing to let me play with her face:)

Primer and Foundation


As a primer, I used Monistat's Chaffing Gel (not to be confused with vaginal cream! Will do a review on it next). It is a great dupe for the Smashbox primer. I then used Black Opal's liquid foundation in Hazelnut and dusted a translucent powder from Ben Nye to set the foundation.

Eyes and Cheeks
To prep the eyes, I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion on the entire lid.  I then placed MAC's Groundwork paintpot over the entire lid to serve as a great base. I followed up NYX's jumbo pencil in Rust, topped with Smashbox' Minx (taupe brown with soft bronze shimmer). I then used a combination of MAC's Saddle and Make Up Forever's brown in her crease, defining the natural "v". Orb by MAC was used on her brow bone. Using Wet n Wild's Mega Eye Cream liner in black, I created a thin line close to her lashes, posing a great foundation for the Ardel Wispy lashes. Her waterline was rimmed in MAC's kohl liner in Smolder.

On her cheeks, I wet a blush brush and used Prescriptive's blush in Amber, a shimmery coral color.  I used MAC's Mineralize Powder in Dark to contour her face.

Lips
On Nanda's lips, I used Obessive Compulsive's Lip Tar in "Nude" and topped it off with MAC's Plushglass for extra shine.

and Voila!





Popular Posts