Prom Make up Look #1 Blue Had Me At Hello




Smokey black eye with bronze and a hint of Turquoise




Hello Folks!
I must confess that this look was NOT conceived with prom in mind but after several compliments from some of the most well dressed teeny-boppers i've seen heading to prom,  clearly it was prom worthy! 

This was one of the simplest looks to achieve.  On my brows, I used Kiss Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown.  On my lids, I used the Wet n Wild palette  I purchased at my local Duane Reade:                      Blue Had Me A Hello ($5.00) 



I cannot say enough about these palettes! They are incredibly pigmented and the color payoff is amazing.

Lets start with what i did: 

Step 1: Base Color
I applied a black base color as the foundation for the smokey eye. I used Wet N Wild's gel cream liner in True Black.  I dabbed some on my eyelid with my ring finger, carefully avoiding my crease.

(featured above..retails for $4.00) 

STEP 2: Pack on the color on the lid 
 I used a flat shader brush and packed on the sparkly black color from the palette (Number 8 below)



Step 3: Crease color 

 To create more dimension, I used the matte black from the palette (Number 4) in my crease. To soften the harsh lines of the matte black, I used brown from Wet N Wild Vanity Palette blending out and upwards toward my crease. 

Step 4: Highlight 
As eyebrow highlight, I used the golden color from the Vanity palette.  Since the majority of the eye has been matitfied, its ok to add some shimmer to the lid. If your lid and crease are already shimmery, avoid using a shimmery highlight. The result may be a tad overwhelming. 

Step 5: Pop 'O Color
I used a small angle brush and moistened it. I picked up the shimmery turquoise color (number 6) and applied it on my lower lash line. 

For my lips, I used Wet N Wild's Matte nude lipstick called 902C ($2.00) and topped if off w/ NYX cosmetics lip gloss in Bronze ($4.00)
Voila!!!  


Popular Posts