Peacocked

 
 
 
 
 
 
A few childhood friends decided to get together and go out for dinner last week in the Flatiron District in New York City.  I wanted to create a 50s retro inspired look in hommage to the historicity of the area we were dining at. And this is what I came up with! Think Twiggy 2012.  This look was reallly easy because I used two colors:
 A bright matte turquoise and a navy/black eye shadow.
Here are the products I used:
 

Primer:
Loreal Skin Perfecting Primer

Foundation:
 Black Opal Foundation Stick in Suede Mocha
 
Lids:

1)    I applied NYX Jumbo pencil in black bean over the entire lid

2)    Using a human haired flat shader brush, I packed on a matte turquoise color on my entire lid.

Revlon Eye Shadow in Venetian Blue

 

3)    I then used a crease brush and applied a matte black shadow in an outward V-shape
4) I then used Wet N Wilds gel eyeline to create a wing to define the v-shape i created with the dark shadow
 
5) To add more drama, I applied false lashes: Ardell Wispies
 
Cheeks:
Sleek  Cosmetics -Santorini
 
Lips:
Wet n Wild Just Peachy 903
 
Here are some shots of the completed look.
Mrs. Makeup

  
 
 

 
 

Popular Posts